Guide Dogs Mobility Services Partnering with a Guide Dog for confidence, companionship and greater independence.
Guide Dog Mobility training provides skills and techniques to establish trust in your specially matched Guide Dog, so that you can walk freely and feel confident regardless of your vision level.
Guide Dogs are trained to help you navigate your daily environment and beyond. Thanks to their unique skills, Guide Dogs can recognise obstacles, cross busy roads, move through large crowds with ease, board public transport and get you almost anywhere you need or want to go.
Every Guide Dog is carefully selected to match your personality and specific needs, and they’re always on hand to help you achieve your goals. Guide Dogs provide constant support and companionship throughout your partnership; the average partnership lasts from eight to ten years.
Throughout your partnership, our qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructors provide ongoing training to ensure you have the skills and confidence you need for years to come.
Through Guide Dog Mobility training you can:
- Get around your community safely with a Guide Dog; go to the shops, travel to work, attend restaurants, sports events or movies, and more
- Maximise your independence and confidence when moving through busy public places
- Increase your opportunities to get social and spend more time with others
- Travel to your favourite or most frequently visited destinations more efficiently
- Enjoy a greater sense of security, both at home and in the community
- Develop a genuine bond and enjoy true companionship.