Taken from PAMSMCRide:
Guide Dogs Victoria exists to help people with vision loss lead independent and safe lives; something that most of us take for granted on a daily basis.
Proceeds raised from PAMS Ride will directly support the Guide Dogs Victoria breeding program and it is hoped that we can raise enough funds to support the breeding and training of three dogs.
JOIN A RIDE THAT WILL CHANGE SOMEONE’S LIFE FOREVER
This amazing ride will take inspiration from Winifred Wells, who at 22 years old, left Perth on Boxing Day 1950 and rode her Royal Enfield Bullet 350cc motorcycle solo all the way to Sydney and return. Given the road conditions of that time, it was an epic ride which seized the imagination and we intend to do it again…
We’ll be departing Perth, as Winifred did, taking up to 28 days to ride the over 9,000kms to Sydney and return. You can join the ride at any one of the 6 Stages, but choosing to join will mean you’ll be helping to change someone’s life forever.
The ride will take you to some of the most fascinating, beautiful & iconic places in Southern Australia. You’ll be riding with like-minded people; feeling safe and secure that you are with others and enjoy the comradery that the open spaces create. You’ll build lifelong relationships whilst travelling and you’ll meet a wide variety of locals who call Australia home.
Facts & Stats
- Departure date Perth: 26 Dec 2017
- Arrival date Perth: 22 Jan 2018
- Journey outline: 9000kms – Perth to Sydney return via Adelaide and Melbourne (P.A.M.S)
- Full journey time: up to 28 days.
- Accommodation and catering will be your own care (you may even want to bring your own back up crew).
- Benefitting charity: Guide Dogs Victoria.
- Aim: To raise $105,000.
What to do next
- Mark it in the calendar
- Register – go to “Registration” page and enter. If unable to do the ride itself, please sign up as a VIRTUAL (RIDER/GROUP RIDER) and support Guide Dogs from your lounge or office chair.
- A Rider Information Pack including the itinerary and accommodation options will be published in January 2017
- Spread the word – the more people involved, the more we can raise and the more fun we’ll have
- Start Fundraising NOW, if we have a minimum of 100 riders (participating or virtual) the person who raises the most funds over $1000 will win a NEW Royal Enfield 350cc motorcycle
- We look forward to welcoming you to the ride of a lifetime
- Any questions – email to Beetle – email@example.com
For more information and to register head to: http://pamsmcride.com.au/