Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Guide Dogs Trainer, Team Leader. This is a permanent, full time position based in Kew, leading a team of Guide Dog Trainers in the delivery of Guide Dog mobility services, in line with the strategic objectives of Guide Dogs Victoria.
In this role you will be responsible to:
· Successfully lead a team of Guide Dog trainers with a sense of strong people leadership and a well-versed knowledge of Guide Dog training and development.
· Oversee the allocation of resources within the Guide Dog Training Team to ensure the forecasted demands are adequately met whilst managing safe caseloads for Guide Dog Trainers.
· Administer appropriate workloads for direct reports and manage effective training workloads across the Guide Dog Training Team.
· Command the training of guide dogs from initial assessment of dogs through to the formal Guide Dog training program to the point whereby they are ready for matching with clients.
The successful candidate will have:
· Internationally recognised qualifications as a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor (gained through an International Guide Dog Federation accredited organisation)
· A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria
· A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person cantered service practices; and
· A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging. Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to
email@example.com by Friday 30th August, 2019. Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applicants who are blind or who have low vision to apply.
- Applications close: