Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of
Early Childhood Educator, working to support children who are aged 0-7 years old who are blind or have low vision. The position is a 2 year contract.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Work in collaboration with the Client Services team and practitioners to deliver services and maximise community engagement and opportunities for young children who are blind or have low vision.
- Provide services within a Fee for Service Model, providing outcome measures and clinical justification for service and equipment needs.
- Identify and gather information to administer the appropriate pathway for achieving outcomes, as well as effectively identify appropriate service needs that will assist the child in everyday environments.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Early Childhood and/or Special Education;
- Previous experience in a similar role working with children who are blind or have low vision;
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a tool of trade vehicle. Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to email@example.com
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applicants who are blind or who have low vision to apply.Back to careers
- Applications close: