Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community
Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria currently have 2 vacancies for experienced professionals to join our team in the role of Dog Care & Welfare Assistant on a permanent part-time basis (minimum of 17 hours per week). One of the roles will be based in the Kennels department and one in the Nursery department.
In this role you will be responsible to (but not limited to):
- Provide and maintain the highest level of health care and temperamental management;
- Ensure assigned canines are quiet and relaxed, and promote a positive, calm environment;
- Implement correct canine handling techniques as outlined in Guide Dogs Victoria policies;
- Ensure required medications and equipment is available as necessary. This includes notifying the manager of supplies that need to be ordered.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A good team player;
- Mature in their approach to work/have a strong work ethic;
- Prepared to ‘muck-in’ with some of the more fundamental tasks with canines;
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ nature;
- Work with minimal supervision;
- Comfortable and confident around dogs;
- Prepared to undertake ‘in house’ training.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications and or experience in Veterinary Nurse and/or Canine Care, and/or Animal
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low
vision or blindness.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging. Applications close 10th July 2020. Kindly note, initial interviews will be conducted online.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.Back to careers
- Applications close:
Guide Dogs Victoria currently have 2 vacancies for experienced professionals to join our team in the role of Dog Care & Welfare Assistant on a permanent part-time basis (minimum of 17 hours per week).