Our commitment to leading standards Consumer Engagement Council
The Consumer Engagement Council of Guide Dogs Victoria plays an important role in facilitating the exchange of information and ideas between Guide Dogs Victoria, the Board and most importantly, the people with low vision who use our services. The Consumer Engagement council:
- Develop and regularly review a framework for the engagement of consumers and the community in the day-to-day running of Guide Dogs Victoria
- Facilitate two-way communication between clients, volunteers, carers, community groups, service providers and Guide Dogs Victoria
- Through three working groups
- Codesign new services, products and community strategies that improve the independence of people with low vision or blindness.
- Participate in the development of improvements to quality and safety across Guide Dogs Victoria
- Participate in the development of Guide Dogs Victoria’s strategic plan and our masterplan development and implementation with regard to accessibility (and other projects.
- Provide encouragement, support, and insight into the use and appropriateness of Guide Dogs Victoria’s services to prospective clients/
View our Consumer Engagement Council Member Profiles.
Terms of reference.
The Terms of Reference of the Consumer Advisory Council are modeled on consumer groups operating successfully in similar agencies. They include the State Disability Advisory Council of the Department of Human Services and the Graduate Advisory Council of the Guide Dogs for the Blind Inc of California.
The Council meets a minimum of twice annually. Members are selected to ensure:
- Equal representation from each of our five client service groups, namely Guide Dog, Acquired Brain Injury, Children’s and Intensive Orientation and Mobility Services and Intensive Occupational Therapy
- Geographical diversity — with clients from regional Victoria as well as the metropolitan area
- Balance of men and women
- Representation from related fields
Expressions of interest.
From time to time, we seek expressions of interest in membership to the Consumer Advisory Council. For further information, email email@example.com or use the contact form to correspond with us.